I’m a Product Designer who creates beautiful everyday experiences that help people make the most out of their lives. I specialize in behavior change through habit design and visualizing personal data.
Uber, San Francisco - Product Designer II
MAR 2018 - Present
- UX/UI, user research & testing, interaction, and visual design on the Trust & Safety team.
Metromile, San Francisco - Senior Product Designer
SEP 2012 - MAR 2018 (5 years 7 months)
- End-to-end product designer for both web and mobile platforms for our consumer product and internal tools.
- Lead the design for several large company initiatives and collaborated with PMs and engineers to ship features.
- Lead in-house or remote user research for all of my design projects, including generative research, observational interviews, and user studies.
- Frequent collaboration with other designers on brainstorms, vision exercises, and regular design reviews.
- Front-end development for 3 of our homepage iterations and dashboard.
Skritter, Remote - Freelance UX Designer
JAN - APR 2015 (4 months)
- Complete UX/UI redesign for the Skritter web and mobile apps.
- Redesign, style guide, and light branding for the marketing site.
Google, Mountain View - UX Design Intern
MAY - AUG 2012 (4 months)
- UI design for Schemer (discontinued) and Google Now.
Nokia Research, Palo Alto - Research Intern
MAY - AUG 2011 (4 months)
- Data visualization, UI design, and front-end development for web and mobile platforms for the PR3/Simple Context project.
Design & Prototyping
Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Proto.io, Keynote, Edge Animate, Flash
HTML, CSS, JS, Data visualization packages (Raphael, Highcharts, Processing, D3.js)
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA - MS in Human-Computer Interaction
2009 - 2012
Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA - BA in Media Arts & Sciences and Psychology
2005 - 2009